PLEASE SUBMIT CURRENT CV/RESUME WITH APPLICATION. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A CV/RESUME MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Under limited supervision, the individual is responsible for delivering site service operations for subsea equipment in compliance with design and operating procedures and customer requirements. This individual performs complex mechanical assembly operations, often to close tolerances, working from written and verbal instructions. Uses hand tools, power tools, and measuring devices and reviews service job requirements and coordinates equipment, etc. for assigned jobs. This person may also be asked to travel and install subsea equipment offshore in various parts of the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote safety awareness and complies with all applicable safety procedures and regulations
- Construct and assemble and test subsea tooling and equipment per specified procedures and quality requirements
- Undergo and maintain all offshore training requirements (including fire, helicopter, general safety etc.) for most geographical areas
- Oversee installation of various equipment offshore
- Operation of Trendsetter Engineering or customer equipment if necessary
- Load and unload heavy equipment
- Perform light shop fabrication work
- Evaluate and interpret data during and after service activity
- Promote teamwork and take an active part in meeting customers service requirements
- Make general equipment repair decisions as needed both on and offshore
- Travel to and perform service activities at remote geographical sites both onshore and offshore
- Travel offshore to witness and/ or install subsea equipment when needed
- Perform FAT and SIT testing on subsea equipment
- Inspect parts for damage and record traceability on work order
- Responsible for proper documentation of each step in procedure performed
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Maintain current knowledge of safety standards
- Troubleshoot equipment failures
- Interact with engineering on any assembly and/or test procedure when changes are required
- Interact with 3rd party inspectors and customers relating to their products
- Undergo extensive safety training
- Be familiar with Company HSE policies and procedures
- Share knowledge & best practice across the company
- All other duties as assigned
- At least 5 years of experience in oil and gas field
- Three or more years of experience involving assembly and test of oilfield or similar products.
- Comprehensive practical knowledge of hydraulic systems to 15,000 psi operating pressure including: pressure testing and recording, hydraulic flushing and cleanliness testing, instrument tube and pipe fitting, systems operation, troubleshooting, fault finding and repair to component level (including pumps accumulators, regulators, relief valves, directional control valves, pressure switches and transmitters), and testing etc..
- Familiarity with engineering drawings including manufacturing, general arrangement, and hydraulic flow drawings.
- Sound mechanical knowledge including threads and thread forms, limits and fits, measuring units and conversions, basic math and mechanics, and properties of materials.
- Sound knowledge of subsea systems and equipment and an appreciation of related subsea equipment (i.e. trees, chokes, templates, and manifolds).
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to demonstrate strong decision making skills, initiative and assertiveness, the ability to plan
- Must be able to operate an overhead crane and/or jib cranes safely.
- Must be able to operate a forklift.