The document controller position collects, maintains and distributes all documents necessary to help control processes that insure conformance to customer and industry requirements; Maintains a filing system and computer database for documents to be retained in the project and internal document control center; manages the operation of the document control libraries to ensure that all users have the latest revision of appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collect and maintain files of the latest revision level documentation necessary to define product configuration and control manufacturing processes.
- Timely distribution of latest revision level documentation to all appropriate users and ensure that obsolete documentation is removed from distribution.
- Maintain document libraries on SharePoint and other MS office applications that ensures fast retrieval of documents.
- Process and track incoming and outgoing transmittals of project documentation.
- Liaise with vendor and client document control departments to align transmittal contractually agreed requirements
- Provide status reports to project and functional department management of document control progress
- Perform clerical typing duties to generate documents as necessary.
- Organizational Skills.
- Project Management.
- Technical Capacity.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates or technical degree in related field. Equivalent experience will be considered)
- 5-7 years of oil and gas or manufacturing project experience.
- 3-5 years of experience working within the document control function.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint applications is required.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.